“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
I just read this motivational quote and I felt the urge to post it. I believe that when you start feeling uncomfortable from what you are doing, stop for a minute, clear your thoughts then ask yourself. Is there a nagging feeling that what you are doing is not right? Are you having this intuition telling you to stop? Then I suggest you don’t continue. It might be your instinct telling you to let go and move on. (more…)
* I keep telling myself and other people that I’m not stressed at work. And I’ve noticed that it’s really happening. How amazing how circumstances change because of what you say and think.
* I’m really contemplating of working from home. I am now vocal of saying that I want it to happen January next year.
* I’ve postponed the launch of my business. I realized that I want more customization of the packaging. And I want more inventory stock so it will be postponed for another month. I know! I know! I have to stop these delays.
* I don’t like to spend nowadays. We spent so much last month and I am feeling guilty.
* What if I turn into a vegetarian? This thought crossed my mind this afternoon but minutes later I was craving for steak and ribs. Fail!
Hope you’re having a fab day peeps! Stay positive!
This is it! After more than a year of conceptualizing, looking for suppliers, procrastinating, frustration, excitement… it’s finally going to happen. I am now going online! (more…)
How to save?
The question might be so easy and we can come up with hundred of answers but in reality it is easier said than done. I came to Dubai 10 years ago and someone would think that I may have saved a fortune considering the number of years I’ve been into this country. But honestly, me and my husband had only started saving probably 4 years ago and had been saving almost 40% of our combined total income recently. We can save more but we want to be realistic and allocate some amount for shopping/dining out and emergency expenses. Balance baby. (more…)
Ahh, I am procrastinating and I need inspiration. I’m supposed to launch my jewellery business in March but because of several personal and professional issues, it has been delayed. There are still some lose ends I need to tie, some write-up that needs to polish, and several small things here and there. But last night I realized that I can never be 100% ready. I always find things to do and that causes more delay so I decided I will launch it by mid of May, by hook or by crook. It doesn’t matter what stage I am that time but I will just open my social media pages to the public and start my advertising plan. One thing I just have to ensure is that my photos are great. Since I don’t have a brick and mortal store I have to make sure that my clients can see the finery and beauty of my jewellery pieces. (more…)